- June 5, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Hale Thompson have accepted a postdoctoral position starting Fall 2015 at AIDS Project East Bay and will continue to examine how electronic health record infrastructures are impacting healthcare in underserved settings.
- May 4, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Ivan Brugere to be on summer internship at Microsoft for 12 weeks.
- March 24, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Stacy Blasiola to be 2015 Microsoft Research SMC PhD interns Stacy uses a mixed methods approach to study the social impacts of algorithms. Using the methods of big data she examines how news events appear in newsfeeds, and using qualitative methods she investigates how the people that use digital technologies understand, negotiate, and challenge the algorithms that present digital information.
- March 1, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT fellow Stacy Blasiola Renee Powers has the media apprearance on CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley. Interviewed for a segment on the Millennial generation and financial planning.
- Dec. 1, 2014, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT fellow Stacy Blasiola who is admitted to doctoral candidacy.
- March 5, 2015, David Wolinsky from Yale University "Tracking Resistance with Dissent"
- February 18, 2015, Ardalan Amiri Sani from Rice University "Rethinking System Support for I/O Devices"
- February 10, 2015, San Kil Cha from Carnegie Mellon University "Towards Automatic Security Testing of Software "