- March 24, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Stacy Blasiola to be2015 Microsoft Research SMC PhD interns Stacy uses a mixed methods approach to study the social impacts of algorithms. Using the methods of big data she examines how news events appear in newsfeeds, and using qualitative methods she investigates how the people that use digital technologies understand, negotiate, and challenge the algorithms that present digital information.
- Dec. 1, 2014, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT fellow Stacy Blasiola who is admitted to doctoral candidacy.
- Nov. 18, 2014, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Ivan Brugere for winning the Fall
- 2014 Graduate College's Chancellor award for research for his project
- titled "Spatiotemporal social network modeling and prediction under
- privacy preservation".
- Oct 10. 2014, ESP-IGERT Fellow Renee Powers is selected as the Graduate Student Representative for the Communication and Technology division of the International Communication Association.
September 1, 2014, ESP-IGERT Fellow Renee M. Powers is invited to give a talk, ““Beyond Distributive and Communicative”, at the Institute for Research on Digital Learning, York University (Toronto).