- March 20, 2014, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Ivan Brugere has been named a Google Lime Scholar. As such, Ivan will receive $10,000 to support his graduate work and will attend a Google Scholars Retreat in Mountain View this summer.
- March 13, 2014, ESP-IGERT Fellow Federica Fornaciari has scheduled her defense! Federica, Department of Communications, will present "Privacy
Frames: How the Media Write About, Discuss, and Afford Privacy" on April 9th, 10 - noon in Room 1155 BSB.
- March, 2014, Security research wins best poster award at ACM CODASPY 2014 conference. Kalpana Gondi, A. Prasad Sistla and V.N. Venkatakrishnan have won the best poster award for their poster titled "Minimizing Lifetime of Sensitive Data in Concurrent Programs" at the ACM Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy (CODASPY), held this week at San Antonio TX.
- February 3, 2014, ESP-IGERT faculty member Chris Kanich receives NSF CAREER in computer security and privacy
- January 9, 2014, ESP-IGERT Fellow John Pendergrass and Faculty Ranganathan Chandrasekaran' s paper, "A Framework to Improve Coordinated Action toward the Adoption and Implementation of Health Information Exchanges", is accepted at the 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS).
- January 8, 2014, SFS students participate at the SFS Conference and Job Fair in Arlington, VA.
- November 15, 2013, ESP-IGERT Fellows' John Pendergrass and Karen Heart's paper, A Threat Table Based Approach to Telemedicine Security, is accepted at the ICHITA 2013 Conference
- October 2, 2013, ESP-IGERT Fellow Pete Snyder's paper, Cloudsweeper: Enabling Data-Centric Document Management for Secure Cloud Archives, is accepted at the CCSW 2013 Conference