- Oct. 25, 2016, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Faculty Stephen Checkoway on being awarded the best paper prize at the 2016 ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS)! CCS and IEEE Security and Privacy are the two top computer security conferences.
- Sept. 22, 2016, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Stacy Blasiola who has accepted a User-Experience Research position in Facebook, after interning there this past summer. She will be finishing up her PhD this academic year and willmove to Menlo Park next Fall.
- Feb. 23, 2016, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Federica Fornaciari who has accepted an Assistant Professor in the Department of Art and Humanities at National University in La Jolla, California.
- Jan. 16, 2016, Welcome to the new ESP-IGERT Fellows: Jason Archer, Nathanael Bassett, Paul Murray, and Jordan Torf.
- August 4, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow John Pendergrass who has accepted a visiting assistant professor position starting Fall 2015 at department of the College of Business at the Northern Illinois University. He is teaching in the Operations Management and Information Systems.
- June 5, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Hale Thompson who has accepted a postdoctoral position starting Fall 2015 at AIDS Project East Bay and will continue to examine how electronic health record infrastructures are impacting healthcare in underserved settings.
- May 4, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Ivan Brugere who is on summer internship at Microsoft for 12 weeks.
- March 24, 2015, Congratulations to ESP-IGERT Fellow Stacy Blasiola who is 2015 Microsoft Research SMC PhD interns Stacy uses a mixed methods approach to study the social impacts of algorithms. Using the methods of big data she examines how news events appear in newsfeeds, and using qualitative methods she investigates how the people that use digital technologies understand, negotiate, and challenge the algorithms that present digital information.
- March 5, 2015, David Wolinsky from Yale University "Tracking Resistance with Dissent"
- February 18, 2015, Ardalan Amiri Sani from Rice University "Rethinking System Support for I/O Devices"
- February 10, 2015, San Kil Cha from Carnegie Mellon University "Towards Automatic Security Testing of Software "